How can you make your candle burn the best and last even longer?
Follow these great tips!
THE FIRST BURN
- Let your candle burn until it has a full melt pool on top of the candle surface. if you don't do this, then your candle will end up tunneling which can shorten the life of your candle.
- We learned that using the diameter of your candle is the best way to know how long you should burn. The diameters of the majority of our candles are just under 4 inches so we have learned that for every inch, you will burn your candle for an hour. For our candles, give at least 4 hours or until the pool occurs.
For best candle life
Trim your wick after each burn leaving about 1/4" high. You do not have to get out a ruler, but use your best judgement and just snip a little bit off.
- Make sure that you burn your candles in a safe spot. Fans and air vents can allow your candle to burn unevenly.
Most important fact about our candles
- We use recycled bottles for the vessels of our candles and we love it! One detail that we have found throughout the years is that these bottles ( wine & champagne specifically) have humps in the bottom that are called "punts". These punts are used for easy pouring of the wine in restaurants. We place all of our wicks on top of these since it is in the center of the bottle. Once you get to the bottom of your candle you may notice that it still has a good amount of wax in the bottom (surrounding this hump). This is normal and remains there because of the way the glass bottles are structured. You can always melt the wax on a warmer or place in the oven for a couple minutes. The aroma will still fill a small room!
- After your candle has been burned completely, you can place it in the oven on the lowest temperature until the wax is melted and simply pour it into the trash. You can clean your vessel with soap and water. Enjoy it has a glass, a makeup brush holder, pen holder, or whatever you desire!
- We offer refills of your favorite candle vessels! Just email us & schedule a time to drop it off or ship it back! It also doesn't have to be the same scent as before :) The price of refills is $5 off the original price of your candle!